Most research reveals how social isolation can create great harm to the mental and physical health of a senior. And a study from Brigham Young University concluded that loneliness among seniors is as deadly as smoking or obesity. Seniors who isolate themselves tend to have higher stress levels and blood pressure compared to other people. So make sure to never let your loved ones be put in this dangerous state.
Here are some ways that you can do to help your aging parents avoid social isolation:
- Make transportation available and promote sense of purpose.
- Encourage dining with others and address incontinence issues.
- Consider availing of services such as counseling for seniors for them.
- Encourage hearing and vision tests and make adaptive technologies available.
- Give a senior a pet or plant they can take care of and encourage a positive body image.
As family members, we ought to help our elderly loved ones in any way we can. Help them explore Medicare benefit in Florida.
If you are looking for a reliable provider of Medicare benefit in Texas, then we are the ones you can trust.
Here at A & B Counseling Services LLC, we offer a wide array of in-home counseling to seniors who are living in their own homes or staying in assisted living facilities. It is our mission to promote emotional wellness and independence through individual counseling and advocacy.
Should you have further inquiries and concerns regarding the services we offer, please feel free to contact us.