The most common signs of depression vary from one person to another. According to the Mayo Clinic, these symptoms include:
- Feelings of sadness, tearfulness, emptiness, or hopelessness
- Angry outbursts, irritability, or frustration, even over small matters
- Insomnia or sleeping too much
- Anxiety, agitation, or restlessness
- Tiredness and lack of energy, so even small tasks take extra effort
If your loved one is exhibiting a number of these symptoms, here’s how you can help:
- Encourage them to seek treatment.
People with depression think that their feeling is normal because they are not aware of the signs and symptoms of the condition. Or, they may know but choose not to recognize or acknowledge they are depressed. If you believe they need counseling for seniors, let them know you’re concerned and encourage them to see a professional.
- Know the worsening signs.
Observe your loved ones and try to notice the changes in their symptoms. People with depression are at an increased risk of suicide, so make sure your loved one doesn’t get to this point. Don’t worry about costs; your seniors can be a Medicare benefit in Texas.
A & B Counseling Services LLC offers Medicare benefit in Florida for your senior loved ones who are living with depression, have issues with self-acceptance, and may have a negative outlook on life. Counseling can help them see a different perspective on the many aspects of their lives. Contact us at 866-906-2884 for more information today.